
NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 30: Jalen Brunson #11 talks to OG Anunoby #8 and Josh Hart #3 of the New York Knicks during the game against the Philadelphia 76ers during Round 1 Game 5 of the 2024 NBA Playoffs on April 30, 2024 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. Mandatory Copyright Notice: Copyright 2024 NBAE (Photo by Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images) | NBAE via Getty Images Antonio Losada Sun, October 11, 2026 at 2:13 PM UTC · 7 min read About Our Ads Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement No Knicks basketball on Sunday; what did you expect on the day we all have for resting and disconnecting? (As if I ever do lol)
However, New York folks keep logging practices and sending quotes out to the world for us to enjoy.
Here's the latest from Tarrytown before Monday's clash against the LaMelo-Ant Wolves.
On receiving an invitation from former Giants head coach Tom Coughlin:
"When he asked me to come by the event, I actually called my dad. I said, 'Hey dad, I just spoke with Tom Coughlin and going to go do this and this,' and my dad got excited, too.
"I've always been a fan of his from afar. … What he did was really, as a coach, was remarkable. And that's what I knew him as back then. To go through a year at 9-7 [in 2011] and [10-6 in 2007], to me that's what a season is about. You figure stuff out over the course of the year. You may not be in first place all the time, but you're preparing for the postseason. And both those teams, in my opinion, they did it textbook.
"They took their lumps, they figured out how to get through the challenges and adversity throughout the course of the year and when it was time to go for it, they did it."
On the differences between his personality and Tom Coughlin's:
"His presence and demeanor were almost the opposite [of me]. I'm a little goofy, he's more serious, he's not goofy at all. And you can feel his presence."
On Bruce Brown's performance at camp and the effort he's shown while competing for a roster spot:
"He's been doing a nice job. He was with the group [against the Wizards on Thursday] — him, Jaden [Akins], Tyler Nickel, James Wiseman and [Pacôme Dadiet]. Those guys made a couple of mistakes, but man, they played hard. And I'm not just saying hard defensively. Even offensively, getting to their spots in transition, moving the basketball, touching the paint.
"And then defensively, speaking on Bruce, he was great on the ball. … Watching him still do those things, knowing that he's fighting for a spot, with the success he'd had in a year, he's still embracing his journey, is a lot of fun to see because he's going about it the right way."
On the Knicks postponing contract extension negotiations:
"Everything is going to work out. I'm not really too stressed over it. I'm not putting too much into it. We have expectations, so it's good we are able to focus on the season."
On how contract uncertainty will affect him throughout the season:
"There will be days where we don't think about it. There will be days where it's top of the mind. We're humans."
On why he isn't frustrated by the lack of a contract extension:
"No, because at the end of the day, I'm still under contract in New York. We have a hell of a team that's going to try and repeat. [And] I'm in an amazing situation off the court, so it's not frustrating.
"Obviously, you want to get some of those things done, but if it doesn't, it's nothing where you lose sleep over. We're blessed to be out here playing basketball for a living.
"So, you know, it's not frustrating. You just got to make sure you're able to block out the noise and whatever rumors that whoever, a random person said, their sources said, et cetera, on Twitter. Just got to block that out and keep it moving."
On the differences between Mitchell Robinson and Andre Drummond:
"It's tough to replace someone like that. Obviously, an amazing rebounder, amazing defensive player. Drum, he gives you a different look. Offensively, a way better passer than I thought he was. He's extremely light on his feet, obviously can knock down shots."
On Josh Hart remaining professional despite his contract uncertainty:
"He's gonna be a professional. Not just him — everybody. Everyone's gonna be professional and continue to do their jobs. No matter what the situation is, things are gonna happen. There's always gonna be a roller coaster every season. Ups and downs emotionally. No matter what, when we're out there on the court, we're gonna have each other's backs."
On preventing contract negotiations from becoming a distraction for the Knicks:
"There's only potential distractions when you read and believe what people are saying. No matter what's being said, no matter what's being talked about consistently or not, you believe what you wanna believe, you hear what you wanna hear. It's on us as teammates and individuals and professionals to understand what the nature of it is. People are gonna talk about it. So we gotta control what we can control and do our jobs.
"We're gonna have each other's back, regardless. We're human, as well. There's gonna be days we have good days, bad days, whatever. I think the way we won was just because of how connected we were as a group, so we gotta keep that."
On when he realized Andre Drummond had long-range shooting skills:
"When he made three threes last year. I remember that. I was questioning myself, like 'Where did this come from?' That's what happens when you work on your game."
"I think you're always getting the real Mike Brown."
On the NBA's second apron hurting middle-class players:
"The new CBA is good for max guys, new free agents and rookie extension guys. The middle guys, it kind of sucks for us. There's not a lot of people getting that full midlevel."
On reports and Bruce Brown's claims that the second apron hurts lower- and middle-class players:
"Recent reports asserted that the second apron is hurting 'lower' and 'middle' class players. That's untrue. Since the implementation of the second apron, the number of players on team rosters has remained the same and annual salaries have increased by nearly $1.3 billion resulting in pay increases of approximately 30% for all classes of players."
Source: Sport
0 Comments